Fix a Clogged Kitchen Sink
GOAL: Fixing a Clogged Kitchen Sink
TOOLS AND SUPPLIES: Possible tools will include – Plunger, Bucket, Towels, Small pan/bucket, [easyazon_link cloaking=”default” keywords=”needle nose pliers” localization=”default” locale=”US” nofollow=”default” new_window=”default” tag=”tdiy008-20″]needle nose pliers[/easyazon_link]
SAFETY: Use care with tools. Avoid damaging the sink, drain, or water pipes. Watch for leaks after your are finished.
- Use a bucket of water to flush down the debris
- After all power sources are removed so the disposal can NOT turn on, reach your hand down to clean it out.
- Try using a plunger…cover the other side of the sink to prevent the debris from coming up the other side
- Remove pipes and clean them out (see step by step instructions below)
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS FOR REMOVING THE PIPES UNDER THE SINK:
- Before removing the clogged pipes, try to scoop out as much water out of the sink as you can into a bucket, to prevent from dripping down onto the floor
- Put a bucket or a pan underneath your pipes before unscrewing the pipes
- Have a few towels ready
- Start disconnecting the thumb screws that attach the pipes together
- At any time during the process, pause to allow water to drain into the pan/bucket underneath the pipes
- When you locate the debris, you might need some needle-nose pliers to grab the blockage from the pipe
- Re-tighten the pipes when debris is cleared, make sure to rotate turns for EACH of the thumb screws
- Wipe everything dry
Obvious (but important) reminders:
- Resist the urge to use the faucet when the pipes are not connected…it gets messy if you do!
- Check for drips when you are finished.
Leaving the bucket/pan underneath the pipes for a few days can be a good way to watch for any drips without causing damage to the cabinet.
Thanks for watching! Click here to subscribe for new videos.
If you found this helpful, consider supporting this site by making a purchase through Amazon or through a donation on my YouTube channel (Look for the “Support this Channel” button).
[easyazon_block add_to_cart=”default” align=”left” asin=”B0015YKBAE” cloaking=”default” layout=”top” localization=”default” locale=”US” nofollow=”default” new_window=”default” tag=”tdiy008-20″]